SailNet Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Coastal Traveler
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone to transport my boat from Wisconsin to Florida sometime between April and June. Does anyone know of a reputable transport company to do the job?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I used Joule Yacht Transport in Clearwater, Fl. to move my 41ft Tartan from Long Beach, Fl, to Rockport, Tx. No complaints on there job...was able to get them to come down in there initial quote. There are 2 Joule Boat movers out of Fla., i would check with both of them, and any others that are recommended for a quote.

·
99% landlubber, 1% sailor
140 Posts
check out uship.com. Lots of experienced boat haulers there, and they compete for your busi ness. I would think that given the turndown in oil prices and the amount of durable goods being shipped these days, that the pricing would be quite competitive

·
Coastal Traveler
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
signed up on uship

I've had three transporters contact me so far and it's only been a few hours. uship seems like a great place to start. the lowest unofficial bid is around $3000. Not bad, considering the first bid that I got from another site was $5900. We'll see how it goes in the next few days

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try M&N Transport out of Michigan ... I used them to transport a Jeanneau 40 last spring. Excellent preparation, communication, reasonable cost.

·
Registered
109 Posts
10 year old thread. What’s going on here that you’re digging up all these old transport threads and posting links ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Posting useful information. You?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only thing I was promoting was useful information on how to choose a good transporter. I never said you should use me. I have a lot of useful information on my site on this subject. Didn't you know, people do read old posts. If they weren't intended to be discussed again the moderators should delete them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Another deleted unauthorized advertisement?

To your point, lets make sure all future visitors of this thread have the full transparency and record of your tactics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Once again, I haven't deleted anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.