SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,331 Posts
Reaction score
I have a 4-1 traveler with my 30' Jeanneau, I had a 165# main, and then last summer got a new full roach one that is 195! Then again, I currently have a 4-1 with a 4-1 micro for the sheets, and may make it a 6-1 with 4-1 micro. So it is easier from my wife to haul in, along with really windy days, ie 20'ish knots, gets to be a hand full at even 4-1!

marty

· Registered
7,331 Posts
Reaction score
T37,

I'd look again, probably 3-1. I have not seen a 5-1 traveler, not to say one does not exist, but 2, 3 or 4-1's do! Then again, there is always time for a first!

Marty

· Registered
7,331 Posts
Reaction score
blt2ski,

Practical Sailor
April 2006
Vol 32 No 4.
Page 28
Garhauer launches hefty new traveler; "Unibody traveler features integrated sheaves and a 5:1 purchase"

I believe they are referring to the MT-UB2 traveler as I have.
Chef,

Thanks for info. I have to admit, did not know one existed!

Marty

· Registered
7,331 Posts
Reaction score
I would imagine on a sail the size of you T37, a 5-1 would be nice. I find 4-1 on mine to be more than plenty! And would assume that 4-1 for the OP would be more than ample to, with 3-1 reasonable, 2-1 would be "why bother!"

At least since his main and mine are similar in size, that would be my take on this situation!

Also it is nice to know we can learn things upon occasion too, so I must not be that old of a dog/person eh!?!?!?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.