SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been threatening to post pictures of the refit for awhile, here they are. Total mast refurbishment, paint, hardware, wind instruments, standing and running rigging, old sails (but cleaned and stitched through the local Doyle Sails shop here). New PSS shaft seal, through hulls for the galley drain and the boat speed paddle wheel and an isolator valve for the water system to the hot water heater. Oh, and bottom paint, buff and wax.

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looks brandy spankin' new;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's lookin' good, Dave! Congratulations! When do you "splash"?
Today at 0930. It's pouring buckets outside. :mad: Kind of puts a damper on a big refit launch. Oh well. Tomorrow is supposed to be better and a sunny Sunday. :)

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
good job!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The forecast was for rain... The Good Lord chose to make Everett sunny and warm all morning. It rained until the travel lift crew got to the boat. :) Launched, checked for leaks, went out for a 45 minute motor, ran the engine hard, broke in the PSS seal. Sails go on tomorrow.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back home, fully dressed . Hopefully will have some wind tomorrow. It was a perfect day (no wind AT ALL) to take my time getting the sails back on. :)

Attachments

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,501 Posts
WOW!! Looks GREAT!!

I splashed Friday, and then tore my knee... She's in the water, but I can't do anything with her until my knee recovers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW!! Looks GREAT!!

I splashed Friday, and then tore my knee... She's in the water, but I can't do anything with her until my knee recovers.
Sorry to hear about the knee.... what's the prognosis? :(

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,501 Posts
Prognosis is that I'm gettin' old...(there's a cure for that, but it will kill ya). I can't step off a boat with a high freeboard ten times in a day anymore. Going forward, I gotta have the students do more of the work.

Reactions: jimgo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts