SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to identify this small boat. I'd like to figure out if it is worth getting it back in the water, and if I know the model it will make it easier to find parts. It looks like it is comparable to the AMF Puffer, but it doesn't look like a Puffer variant.

Here is an album of more photos

There are a set of oar locks on the gunwales, and there are screws protruding from the slot for the daggerboard, which makes me thing there was probably a bench across there where the rower could sit. There are fittings for stays on the gunwales as well, so I'm guessing the rig was not fully freestanding.

If the hull is in decent shape structurally, I can probably find or improvise enough rigging to get it in the water without spending a lot of money. Once I know the model I can start searching various forums for the tiller, daggerboard, mast, boom, sails, etc. or get enough info about the proper dimensions to find/fabricate substitutes.

Thanks for any help.

·
Singlehander by Default
161 Posts
Either keep posting here until you have enough or go to the Song Chain, or some other thread and post there until you can post pictures. Your descprition could be one of hundreds (maybe even thousands) of sailable dinghies or small trailer sailers. If you can find the Hull ID Number, post the first three letters-that will tell the manufacturer (see fellow SNers, I listen) and at least give you a place to start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll go and try to get enough posts to add the images directly, but if you copy imgur.com/a/SGS6T/all and paste it into your web browser, you'll see the images I have.

·
Sailor of Small Waters
112 Posts
Looks a lot like an AMF Force 5, but not quite right. Cockpit's too long. I don't think it had a full rowing bench as there aren't visible mounts on the sides for the ends of the board. I'd bet the screws were for wood trim on the daggerboard trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for trying. Definitely not a Force 5. My family had a Force 5 growing up and I'm familiar with it. The cockpit of this boat is bigger. Also the mast is stepped just forward of the daggerboard, but aft of the foredeck decking. The Force 5 has a mast stepped through the forward decking. Finally, the Force 5 had a freestanding mast, while this boat has stays on the sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts