SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
They have always owned the Turks and Caicos. It is still considered a colony.

There was a book written by Simon Winchester, the name escapes me at the moment, in which he goes around to all of the existing colonies. Great read.
Outposts, I believe. It was a terrific read, and lead us to seriously consider doing the Cape of Good Hope route just so we can visit some South Atlantic "outposts of Empire".

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Worse than Massachusetts?

Corrupt politians :laugher ...and somebody actually came to the rescue? Hey, how about sending in an 'unbiased' crew from the US to help for a couple of years...ya know, Barney, Ted, Kerry...any others you would like to send?
Or might I better lament...'who will rescue us?'

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
That's it! I started thinking about the same thing. My wife was seriously hoping that T and C would become the newest province a while back.
Part of me is happy that didn't happen. By this stage, that dry little chain of atolls would've been buried in bilingual government forms and rolled-up rim Tim Horton coffee cups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.