SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
12,358 Posts
Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip. Here's some restaurant suggestions......

Block Island. Love Eli's. It's a small place on a side street off the main drag in Old Harbor. Naturally, you'll go to the Oar, I think it against the law of nature not to.

Bristol. For Italian go to Robertos, excellent!! German to Redlefsons, very good but only a few actual German dishes. Pub casual, then Aidens is a must!!

Dutch Harbor. As I said in your other post, walk the one mile over to Jamestown. Try the new Simpaticos. Great atmosphere. Fish's is over the top, expensive but good, more formal, if that's your speed. Spinnakers ice cream shop is a must! There is also a taco stand at the Dutch Harbor marina. It's beyond belief good, even breakfast burritos.
agree with Minnies assement of Eli on Block along with Aldos gelatos...best I have ever had

Robertos i Bristol is good also.

I will be up on Naragansset Bay the weeek after you will be there and also Stonington. We leave the Chesapeake for there on August 14

· Banned
12,358 Posts
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and iPad. If you're droid/etc, you'll need someone else to recommend. Just be sure to get one with a graphic persistence line. I particularly like Boat Monitor (running right now), but last I checked, you could no longer buy it in the US Apple store. Don't know why. I've also used Anchor Watch and liked it. I recently downloaded Boat Sentry, but haven't tested it yet.

Your road/chain combo is pretty good and having to haul by hand is a definite factor! Let me know if I can be of any further local help. Have a great trip!!
Follow Minnies techniques and you will be fine. Remember the measurement times 7 is from your bow roller the bottom at high tide....not just the depth of the water.

Also in areas like yours with reversing currents it may be qdvantangous to have a kellet down the line as you dont have 50 ft of chain to help prevent the anchor rode from keel wrapping. Reversing currents will also mean you anchor will either turn 180 degrees or reset, so stay vigilant with that Danforth.

We use "Drag Queen" as the anchor ap

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.