SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 26'' Tyler Craft. I would appreciate any info on builder or specs on boat.

Craig Lorentz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Craig

I know your post is 8 years old. Do you still have the Tylercraft 26? I have a Tylercraft 24 and am looking for pictures and information of all sizes of Tylercraft boats. Would appreciate any photos of your Tylercraft 26 or any information you may have available concerning these boats.

Bill Corder <[email protected]>
2399 Pickard Road
Sanford, North Carolina 27330
(919) 498-5009

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tylercraft Information

Hi There

I just started a Tylercraft Yahoo Group a couple of days ago. If you need information or wish to view photos of other Tylercraft boat just stop by the group. I have been collecting information for at least two years, ever since I purchased my 1964 Tylercraft 24. Figured I wouldn't sit on the information collected any longer.

Enjoy the Tylercraft Yahoo Group!!

Tylercraft_Sailboats : TYLERCRAFT SAILBOATS

Bill Corder

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm part of the Tylercraft group that's on Yahoo, but they don't seem to have much traffic. If you have questions about the Tylercraft 26, I may be able to answer some as my family owned one for about 15 years. I have a lot of photos in my blog, listed in my signature.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
You also might want to contact truckmen, who has several of these boats. :D

·
Bucksport, Maine or Bust
42 Posts
At the moment, only 2; a T24 with no idea of year built, and a T26 built in 1972, and Alina and I will be sailing her from Fairhaven, Massachusetts to Bucksport, Maine beginning 22 August. We'll be posting lots and lots of photos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We don't have a lot of traffic on the Tylercraft Yahoo site. We like it like that because we want information on Tylercraft boats. Don't really care about the weather, politics or any other subject!

Bill Corder <[email protected]>
1964 Tylercraft 24
1977 Hunter 27
1977 Columbia 8.3
Sanford, NC
(919) 498-5009

·
Bucksport, Maine or Bust
42 Posts
I'm with Bill on that.

Oh, by the way, Alina and I didn't get to sail our T-26 from Fairhaven, MA to Bucksport, ME. Too many issues with the boat so, she's still in the marina. We will try again next July.

Ralph

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are old posts but I will give what information I can. The Tyler Craft was built by Ted Tyler who originally built them in Oakdake, Long Island ny. Some time in the early to mid 70’s he relocated shop to Antigua where he built his T26. He did return the states where sold his molds to another company. Tyler past away about years. He was good friends with my dad and I was able to sail with him and his family out Great River and the Great South Bay in Long Island. THe twin keel design was fantastic with shallow draft. Tyler was great sailor and loved being on the water. Most of his boats were custom made to owners specs. If you have any other questions feel free, I will do my best to answer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts