SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am just curious what it would cost to be in typical marinas for berthing - assuming you were cruising and passing through, not signing on for a 3 month stay. I assume you pay by the foot and likely pay a variant more if you have a catamaran?

If so, what would you pay to be at something like a Sydney/Hobart/Perth marina vs something like a Bahamas/Bermuda/BVI marina vs something in Italy/Turkey/Malta?

Just curious if there would be huge variations and what roughly the costs might be.

Regards

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Duck,

Hop onto Google and in ten to fifteen minutes you'll have an answer similar to the one I got when I did....

BVI $1.50 or so /ft/day
Bermuda $3.00 or so /ft/day
Oz AUD 40-100 / day and up depending...

As a general rule a good anchor and chain rode will pay for themselves in no time. Don't leave home without one...of each.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Cat's don't alway add extra, end of a T etc.. some places beam just doesn't matter.

More often than not though it does.

Like my avatar, I recommend a skinny cat with a nice mustache and shades.

·
Wind and pie move my boat.
424 Posts
I had a couple in a converted small old tug drop their hook about 150 feet from where I'm docked for a couple days last week . Looked pretty inviting to me . Truth is....if moorings were available here ...cheap as my dock if ( 100 bucks a month ) I'd be on a mooring .

·
Registered
41 Posts
re

Hi, I am in Sydney now and in Sydney you have some options however it is very crowded and the price is not the only consideration; one would be how close to town do you need to be, the other is are you living aboard while there an extra fee for that. Also with a cat finding a nice spot could be harder then say a mono (space is at a premium). Once you know that there are three large body's of water that wrap around Sydney( Pittwater, Sydney harbor and botany bay) and all have some form of moorage you can go from there, however Queensland is much friendlier to yachties then NSW in my experience and seem to be more understanding to live a boards.
With a cat you could find Pittwater very nice. Sydney city is not very nice for an extended stay, in my opinion and Botany Bay is not set up to cater to yachts. Now the price$$$$$ I have a 44 foot mono and it runs me $960 per month but that could be cause I'm American. Lololol best of luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts