SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this parts list for the Kubota L245 tractor and thought I would pass it along. The L245 has the Kubota D-1101 engine which is equivalent to the Universal M30/5424. I just picked up a set of glow plugs at my local Kubota dealer ~for $8 each. Torresen wanted $80 a pop.

Here is the link

http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/L245dt.pdf

Enjoy

FWIW I just got through installing a solenoid system on the glow plugs and dramatically reduced the pre heat time for the engine. A lot of these engines were installed on Catalinas without a solenoid system on the glow plugs. Refer to the Catalina website for information on how to do this.

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
Wow! Does Torreson Marine really sock it to you on the mark up. This seems almost criminal to me.
What you don't know can hurt you.
What seems the case is that Universal and many other 'marine' diesel makers did was buy Kubota engine blocks and add on 'marinized' components.
The problem comes when you want to look up parts for a Kubota engine, say the D 1101 (which is the Universal 5424 among others), you need to know the model number of a Kubota tractor that uses your diesel engine block (in this case the L245).
I also found the glow plugs for ~ $8 at: TractorSmart home page
but would not have been able to find them without the L 245 code - so a big thanks for that!
I'm sure Universal used the 'marinized' version of the glow plug that really does cost $80 a piece, NOT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts