SailNet Community banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Captain Obvious
2,329 Posts
I doubt this thread has real political potential. Just bunch of angry old guys complaining about Florida. And other old guys complaining about how the first old guys complained about Florida. Then they argue.

But dammit jtsailjt did nail it with a funny one!!

·
2,445 Posts
The OP sounds like a troll to me...

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
He was just pissed and wanted ro vent. Made him feel better....
Prob doesnt live under a bridge

Couldve run a $5 landscape lite up the mast...or could be the real deal.
Just a fodder post really

·
Gemini 105Mc
113 Posts
We'll see if his ploy works. White privilege has its limits.
Man........... I knew it, you know............ It has to be Trump's fault... Or something like Russian's or little Hiltler's.........:laugh

Anyhow, you guys like to beat a dead horse........... The OP has long been gone. Mark of Sealife deleted a link to a go fund me........ No OP since.

However, I did read somewhere that Melbourne did kick out all of the liveaboards from the nearby marina. They then, apparently, all anchored out in the harbor. And now the city is trying to deal with the consequences.

I tried to find the link to that story but could not.

I will say this, I have been living here in Florida for almost twenty-five years. The number of unattended boats, parked, at anchor is increasing daily. It's almost contagious........ Once one derelict finds a good spot, it spreads like a wild fire.

Unfortunately, unless the boating community finds a way to correct this, the government will.................

Then some here, really can blame Trump..............:grin

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Lawful is apparently whatever the police think at the time. What are Sailnuts thoughts on the difference between creating no wake and a low speed limit? Speeding in a crowded setting can clearly be dangerous. I've noticed a 5mph speed limit in some anchorages/mooring areas. What is interesting is that at that speed some (dinks at least) and launches kick up a healthy wake. That same boat going a bit faster on a plane produces no wake. Speeding seems to be the easy peasy thing for ticketing. For sure the water cops are not using radar... Seems like a judgment call... you think?

·
Banned
215 Posts
Is / was the anchor light in question compliant with Colregs and inland waterway rules (as applicable) from dusk to dawn, all of the time, over the period in question.

If yes, it was a proper anchor light, powered to be on at all times when it should be, you may have a valid point, and may be able to get out of paying the tickets, at your time and expense.

If no, it was a cheap solar garden light that stayed lit for a few hours after dusk, you don't.

May as well save your breath and pay the tickets, or go to court and plead for mercy to get the cost down. Apologise to the officer for your belligerence and act like an angel or this is likely to get real expensive for you, in so many ways, real fast.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Long gone...people talk at each other now with very little listening or communication
I’ve re-told your story of how things changed after Teddy died many times, including to my neighbor and former school board colleague who won a seat in Congress last November. I hope you made it through the shutdown OK. I assume you’re in the category of people who will never be made whole.

Reactions: chef2sail

·
12,201 Posts
I’ve re-told your story of how things changed after Teddy died many times, including to my neighbor and former school board colleague who won a seat in Congress last November. I hope you made it through the shutdown OK. I assume you’re in the category of people who will never be made whole.
Yes my company and many of the employees lost a boatload of irretrievable money while the clowns shut the govt down. We are contractors.

Personally I have lots of other non govt units so I was not affected.

There is no cival discourse from any side anymore. They are all to blame
Problem is there is no one to fix it or reset the civility.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts