SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a 29' Tanzer that he would like to sell as he is getting to an age where it's not making sense economically to take her out once or twice a season. It has a ton of extra gear, all the original equipment, manuals, etc.

Can you guys suggest the best place to sell this yacht? (it's never seen salt water and has been refurbished pretty much stem to stern).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

mrwuffles, thank you, the second link you have provided is no longer working, but the first one is quite good, just need to pay a broker...suppose that'll work.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would try craigslist.org

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Boatforsale.org will help you not to sell your boat, but to price it against freshwater Tanzers on the Great Lakes.

If you can trailer it, you'll do better outside of Alberta, I think.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd suggest selling it in Alberta -- it's the only place on the continent where the economy hasn't tanked and produced lots of boats for sale.

Sure, there's not many buyers, but on the other hand there's not much available for a buyer.

What about advertising in Fort McMurray? Lots of maritimers there with lots of spare cash.

Good luck,

Tim

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Advertise it as far and wide as you can. lots of long distance buying going on with the help of the internet

·
19,489 Posts
If you do list with sites like Boats.com that allow private listings, be prepared for spammers and scammers once you put your personal email address on the page.

Plenty of BC buyers will not really have a big problem trucking the boat to Vancouver or other coastal areas - or lakes for that matter... many have done so from much farther away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts