SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just picked up a US 25 myself. Got a swingin deal, but it needs a fair amount of work, wires are hanging here and there, interior has been partially remodeled but needs finishing. Just what I wanted! now I can do it my way.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I plan on changing my lights to LEDs but hadn't thought about the rope type, that brings up some interesting options. Thanks!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Even with a dimmer, white light adversely affects night vision. If you sail at night at all, I'd go with some red lights below as well. You'll notice, most gauges and compasses that have back lights for sailing/motoring at night, will be red, sometimes green, but should never be white. My boat is open on both sides from under the cabin/cockpit half bulkhead back to the transom. I'm currently thinking about mounting my water tank (when I get one) centered under the cockpit in there and closing off the area directly under the lazarette, lighting back there would be great! Only problem I'm seeing is having 10 different light switches on my electric panel

·
Registered
584 Posts
Update! Got my fridge, stove, and microwave all mounted and curtains hung, moved my batteries from the stbd qtr berth to the center of the boat under the cockpit, hung a closet rod over the portapotty, replaced the main breaker and repositioned my AC panel, swapped all the incandescent bulbs in the stock cabin lights with LED panels (Very bright!!), stuck a buncha cup hooks here and there for hanging this and that, and mounted a couple battery operated "tap lights" that had been sitting around the house for years. Patched a leak in my Avon and got a motor mount for it, as soon as I mount my sink and water tank and get a motor, I'll have it all!! Keepin it cheap, my curtains were $2 at the dollar store, got the 5 LED panels off eBay for $10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts