SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1979 C&C 30 Mk I - 2QM15
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting here wondering what happens to all those used sails, used canvas products, last year's electronic gear models, replaced parts, etc... that sailboat owners who upgrade or replace end up?

What businesses or websites (excluding the obvious like eBay) would be good locations to look for used (but still serviceable) sailboat parts & supplies?

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,426 Posts
Bacon & Assoc for sure, there used to be an electronics shed over by Bert Jabin's...anyone know where/what they went?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Bacons is very good, no doubt, with good service and selection...

but I have found them to be high. It's Annapolis, right? Everything is too high.

I have bough a few things from Dolphin Sail and been very pleased. There are others on-line. There are also other used sailboat stuff places in the area - Chesapeake Bay Mag did a piece on several last year.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Bacon's will usually work with you on pricing if you ask. You can often get some pretty good deals there.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I posted an extensive list of used gear shops.

BUT THE SEARCH FUNCTION HERE IS SO BAD I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Might want to add that to your favorite posts, so you can find it quickly in your user control panel.
I posted an extensive list of used gear shops.

BUT THE SEARCH FUNCTION HERE IS SO BAD I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fairwinds Marina's "back room" is a veritable cornucopia of used stuff. It takes perseverance to find that thing you're after, but if you find it, it's cheap, cheap, cheap.........

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,952 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts