SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for used sails to create unique shade areas in my back yard. Does anyone want to recycle their sails. My wife was an Art major at San Diego State, and is very creative.
My younger daughter graduates from USD on May 24th. She wants a back yard graduation party. I want to make the back yard very special!
Thanks, bob, 619-318-2426

·
Registered
656 Posts
More Information Needed

Bob,

I have no used sails - I'm using the only two I have. But if I did, there is additional information I would want to know. To help others make their decision more quickly, here they are:
  • Do you want to borrow or keep the used sails?
  • If borrow, do you intend to return them in the same condition they arrived, or will you cut them?
  • If you don't want to return them, what do you intend to do with them after the party?
  • Will you pay shipping (or shipping to/from if returning)?
  • Will you distribute or post pics (e.g. taken before the party)?
  • Do you have size limits?
  • Are there particular colors in the sails that interest you?
  • Are there any colors you wish to avoid?
  • Are rips, tears, holes, or wear spots OK, or do you want only good-looking sails?

Hope this helps you find some willing folks!

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Along with what dacap said, I'd recommend you contact the local sailing clubs. If they have a racing program, there's a very good chance that you might be able to get used sails that they're retiring from them.

As a general rule, more complete information is better than less...

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
If you are looking for freebies post an ad on the san diego locale of craigslist. Post it in the boat section and not the wanted section. You'll get some traction there and also look at posting on the local West Marine bulletin board of a store that is close to you.

Good luck

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
might also try freecycle.org

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.