SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Well, it can probably be used to some degree, since it should be able to give you your lat/lon position. :) Then you can plot that on the chart.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Glad to help...have fun... BTW, I'd point out that I have yet to see a GPS unit that can't display the LAT/LON position on some screen someplace. Some will take a bit of futzing with, but all the ones I've looked at, from major manufacturers at least, will do it.

SsilingDog, you are absolutely right. I have been trying to thoink of a way to do that with my NUVI 760. From the main screen you go to "Tools" then press "Where am I"?. Lo and behold there is the raw Lat and Long. Can't wait to give it a try myself.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Glad to help...have fun... BTW, I'd point out that I have yet to see a GPS unit that can't display the LAT/LON position on some screen someplace. Some will take a bit of futzing with, but all the ones I've looked at, from major manufacturers at least, will do it.

SsilingDog, you are absolutely right. I have been trying to thoink of a way to do that with my NUVI 760. From the main screen you go to "Tools" then press "Where am I"?. Lo and behold there is the raw Lat and Long. Can't wait to give it a try myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.