SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cal 9.2 SilverSwan
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to try to design an electronic adapter to allow me to use the existing Data Marine through hull with a ST60 speed display. The DMI is a magnetic reluctance unit( small signal) and the RM is a hall effect output ( 0 to 12 volts) with variable resistance for the water temp. The tech support folks recommended a resistor across the pins to simulate the temp probe. I have boards on order and should be able to test the idea in a couple weeks. Has anyone also attempted to mix transducers with the Raymarine ST series??
6-24-09 PCB's arrive in the mail and the original circuit design was an overkill and was simplified. Next is the 1/8" spade connectors to mount it to the back of the ST60 speed. When they arrive it will be time for the sea trial and speed calibration check. I don't know if the calibration range wil be adaquate..

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
I've used Raymarine ST60 supplied speed and depth/temp transducers with TackTick instrument heads. That worked quite well, especially since the transducers are actually the same ones supplied by Airmar to TackTick AFAICT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts