SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video we made with our GoPro camera. We wanted to take a look to see how bad the bottom looked before we cleaned it. What we saw when we popped the SD card into the laptop was a surprise! We just took an old boat hook, by the way, and a little bit of drilling here, a couple of screws here, and we had our own camera extender!

When Life Gives You Crabs - YouTube

Melody

Vacilando | This is the story of two people, a dog and a journey. We'll choose some article almost certain not to exist and diligently try to find it.

·
Goin' sailin'
35 Posts
awesome, i love my gopro and use it all the time but had never thought of this. how cool, thanks for the tip. that's on my list for this weekend.

·
19,489 Posts
If the water's clear you can also do a cursory inspection with a mechanic's mirror on a stick..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've a GoPro too - but can't find a way to improve the sharpness of the image when filming underwater :( - anyone got any tips?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Wish this idea would work in the Chesapeake Bay..but viz is generally less than a foot and cleaning is generally accomplished by hand(with gloves on)..

Also Tried a dive light all that does is light up the suspended turbidity in the Bay waters..

·
Banned
3,112 Posts
Go Pro cameras here in the Comox Vally cost around $400. A friend bought me one online direct from China for $75, in a great, solid waterproof housing, with a lot of extras.. That kind of purchasing is making ship chandlers nervous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts