SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Vacuum Valve Volvo Penta 7B

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  s51ta 
#1 ·
The vacuum valve is leaking on my engine. I bought the repair parts, rebuilt it and now it is leaking even worse!! I guess I messed up the diaphragm ($42 worth). Has anyone used something else to replace either the entire valve or the diaphragm? Any suggestions on rebuilding the valve? Thank you.

#3 ·
Volvo Penta Vacuum valve leak

HI,

I am wondering if there is a chance to remove the leaking vacuum valve; Many do clain that - if that it leaks you know that the motor is getting the water. But Isn't clear that, if the motor is getting water there is one in the exhaust?
Mine vacuum valve is installed just above the motor so it was dipping onto the motor and it ruined some of the motor too ... so I am thinking of removing it completelly.

What do you think?

Thank you,

Ted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.