SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to the forum having returned to sailing after many years off. Previously I was a J24 sailer/racer as a crewman.

Recently my youngest has gotten interested in sailing and is now ready for his own boat. Therefore, I want to get him a used Vanguard Club 420.

The problem is that the boat I'm interested in doesn't have any rigging instructions. I was able to find and download the PS2000 Club 420 guide but certain items seem to be different (I haven't been able to spend enough time with the boat to be sure).

Does anyone know if there is a rigging guide available for a Vanguard 420? I checked with the LaserPerformance site and it only has a tuning guide. I'm sure I could figure it all out but it would be much more helpful for my son if he had a guide to follow and learn it himself.

Thanks!
:)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Welcome to sailnet. I'd highly recommend you read the POST in my signature to help you get the most out of sailnet.

As for the Club 420, try this PDF or this LINK.

BTW, Google is your friend. The two above were the first two hits on a search for "club 420 sailboat rigging guide". You've heard of Google, right???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info

Thanks for the information...

I already had the PS2000 file which is helpful but there are a few differences between the boats.

For some reason, none of the pictures show up for the other link. I'll have to try to rig it using the combination of the two and just plain trial and error.

Will get to try it out on the boat next week..

CSD

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Good luck... let us know how it goes. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts