SailNet Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been collecting ideas from other PSC owners photos of their dodger and bimini setups. With David's recent purchase of s/v Cloud Messenger and numerous forum members' positive comments about her setup I thought I'd start this thread with:

Nice grab bars on the dodger for going forward.
I really like how the dodger and bimini are connected with mostly clear vinyl and the solar panels standoff unobtrusively just above the bimini canvas.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a nicely done low dodger with signature contrasting edging by the Boat Tailors in Wisconsin

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's s/v Valis a PSC44 with a separate Bimini and Dodger (also note the neat outboard crane extension on her boom). Nice grab bar behind the dodger's trailing edge.

Her owner Paul has a really nice website VALIS and blog.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some other separate dodger / bimini setups:

another with a hard top dodger

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some CONNECTED Dodger / Bimini setups:

Zipped together:

Unzipped:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got PM'ed by Jody who was kind enough to let me know my pictures aren't posting properly. So I'll stop here for now until I figure out the problem...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure it uploaded.
Paul
Yup - I can see your attached photo Paul, as long as you Log In. I think that is one difference between using "Attach Files" vs. the "Insert Image" icon.

·
Coastal Carolinas
105 Posts
Dodger and bimini on a 34

Here are a couple pics of Norstar. We recently modified the frame and tubing in the cockpit area. The old arrangement had us feeling like we were sailing inside a cage. We are finding the forest green color is very hot inside in the southern summers and the sun has started to fade the sunbrella after only 5 years. When we have to replace, I think will go with sand or khaki color fabric and install grab bars for going forward.

John & Beth
PSC 34 "Norstar"

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Norstar:
Thanks for the pics and the tips on the heat issue. Up here on Lake Michigan, as it's a shorter season, when the sun is out, we tend to worship it and bask in it. But down in the Carolinas, I can see that would be a prime consideration. In fact, i think I recall seeing a Hallberg Rassy with a hard dodger, with a white canvas "cover" just above it, I am guessing to take the sun's heat off of the structure.
I agree on adding grab bars on the sides of the dodger for going forward - however on our current design, the dodger frame relies on the canvas / snaps to standup, so we'll need to add some bracing first. Thanks for posting your pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts