SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a “range / average slip cost” in Venice island area of Florida gulf coast? . . .I think Coop was near there . . .

·
Registered
605 Posts
I haven't shopped slips down that way but based on Tampa Bay area rates, the median is probably around ~$14/foot monthly (based on the slip, not the boat), probably with water, electric, and maybe club fees on top of it. POSH high end would be ~$30-35/foot

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Phil! I’m currently in RI . . .plenty of moorings in New England . . . Thinking of moving down there . . .are moorings a rarer commodity? A lot of marinas seem to be slip only . . .

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,163 Posts
EHerlihy just made that move and his trip thread discusses his experience with moorings..Search Finding a new home

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thank you Phil! I’m currently in RI . . .plenty of moorings in New England . . . Thinking of moving down there . . .are moorings a rarer commodity? A lot of marinas seem to be slip only . . .
I can't really say about moorings. My impression around here is that mooring fields are where most boats go to die. For that reason, I think, it varies by municipality, but yes, most of the marinas only have slips. There are a lot of options between Cape Coral and Tampa Bay, you'll just have to do some leg work to find what you're looking for. There are also some less expensive marinas, but you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Moorings are not big in Florida - St Augustine has some - Sarasota and Ft Myers - Miami too but very long waiting list - thats probably biggest drawback to having a baot in Florida - the costs of a slip - there are cheaper ones but usually have depth restrictions - it the main reason I don't go bigger - current boat draws 4 feet - I f I want a bigger boat most will draw 5 feet or more ( 36-38 footer) - current slip can't handle that - if I got a bigger slip the price would double ( at least) go from $250 month to over $500 and have to pay electric

·
Registered
635 Posts
There aren't a lot of slips available on Roberts Bay ( Venice ). The best option is the Venice Yacht Club. Other than that there are some places over at Eagle Point that have slips (owners only I believe ) and the transient marina at the opening of the pass. It's been about 15 years since I was there but the Venice Yacht Club was very nice and the old section of town very quaint '
For an accurate representation of costs I suggest that you call the Yacht Club.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts