SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

We've made a video, from our last race, that we would like to share with you all! We had great fun, as you can see in the video!

We're are sailing a Brøker 28, also knows as Juwel 28 - with a weight of only 1200kg... It was blowing up to +35 knots, so there was no time to relax.

Hope you'll all enjoy our video, if so - give it 5 stars, thanks!

Team ICE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were hitting 16 knots before setting the Spinnaker, so around 20 knots.

We went down with 17 knots, as the rodder was lifted out of the water ;)... Thats why one of the guys life jacket was inflated - the first one inflated because of the "bow-wave" seen early in the movie

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,703 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Had me giggling with the crew with a vicarious adrenaline rush.

Do not know the song but recognize AC/DC when I hear it. Nice Vid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The passage was pretty narrow, at most 1000m, so that's why the waves aren't that big. There were bigger waves when we went upwind, but we were close to land where to photo was taken beneath ;)...

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Two Thumbs UP!

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Ice - dude, that was insane! I have stolen it and dropped it into the BFS thread hall of fame. You just put the Eurpies in the lead for the 2009 BFS Cup.

Holy crap that's some big freakin' sailing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the nice feed back, really happy you all like it!

It really hard to describe the fun and power in sailing - so really happy we made this video ;)... When our season starts again, we'll make more!

Smackdaddy: Thanks alot - lets hope we can keep the flag high for the eurpieans ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
V70

V70 would be an awesome experice! That would be a dream come true ;) any contacts?! ;)...

We made one dive, into a wave - the boat was almost complety covered in water, as you see in the Volvo Ocean Race videos :)... The skipper asked right away.... "excuse me, are we racing V70 now?"....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great video! My monohull is a Buzzard Bay 14, so a bit more sedate to say the least

Anyone else with some nice sailing videos, feel free to post them!
Well, not the sailing you might be used to but kinda neat from a rider perspective using a small wide angle helmet cam. A mere 22knots of wind but over 30mph max board speed. Of course this sailing activity is all about going vertical. Quite the rush for this AARP card carrying member; sort of the polar opposite of my Buzzard Bay:rolleyes: Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Really like the angel, when you can see the board aswell :) You get a better feel of the speed and can see the tricks better...
looks crazy when you're flying over the green fields! Gotta try it one day..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts