SailNet Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone signed up for the Virtual Vendee Globe race? It's not too late, I signed up last night and I am 60000th out of 100000.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My boat is Kelpie on the race what is your boat name ckgreenman?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am right next to you, ckgreen, by the way STARBOARD!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
virtual regatta

Has anyone signed up for the Virtual Vendee Globe race? It's not too late, I signed up last night and I am 60000th out of 100000.

I signed up too and I love it! There is now 200 000 people playing! I started a small community on thevirtualsailor_com Come and say hi!!! I would love to debate the different strategies to go across the indian ocean!

All virtualregatta lovers, see you soon!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
virtualregatta community

Thanks for checking it out! At the bottom left of the page, there is a dropdown menu that says "francais". You can switch that to "English". And also, half the forums are in English, the other in French... It is still under constuction though... I hope to see you on thevirtualsailor_com soon!

·
Seen Your Mamba
248 Posts
I'm racing as ClearView. It's fun, there are a few local sailors (and stinkpotters) I know doing it, and we have a great time 'competing' and congratulating each other on successful and commiserating with each other on failed strategies.

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
I'm racing as ClearView. It's fun, there are a few local sailors (and stinkpotters) I know doing it, and we have a great time 'competing' and congratulating each other on successful and commiserating with each other on failed strategies.
Seems almost all of my stratagies are failing lately :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just signed up yesterday

Just signed up yesterday -- well over 200K sailors! Passing derilct boats (contestants who aren't following closely enough to change sails and course) offers enough positive reinforcement to make even late entry worthwhile. I am now down to place number 188716! If I can figure out how to set a decent course for the sleeping hours, I see 170's by this time tomorrow night.
BS (virtual s/v hoochimomma)

·
Seen Your Mamba
248 Posts
Just signed up yesterday -- well over 200K sailors! Passing derilct boats (contestants who aren't following closely enough to change sails and course) offers enough positive reinforcement to make even late entry worthwhile. I am now down to place number 188716! If I can figure out how to set a decent course for the sleeping hours, I see 170's by this time tomorrow night.
BS (virtual s/v hoochimomma)
I don't like to brag (okay, I do, but it's in poor taste to pretend otherwise, but it's just so much work to make it sound like you're not bragging) but I started 3 days late at 50 some-odd thousandth, and am now down to ~6 thousandth.

I'm hoping to finish in the top 100 and have been hesitant to add anyone from SailNet lest I dash their hopes of winning, as they watch the miles it will take to catch up to me keep growing.

Ah, screw it. Everyone needs a goal to shoot for. I'm adding fellow SailNetters.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't like to brag (okay, I do, but it's in poor taste to pretend otherwise, but it's just so much work to make it sound like you're not bragging) but I started 3 days late at 50 some-odd thousandth, and am now down to ~6 thousandth.

I'm hoping to finish in the top 100 and have been hesitant to add anyone from SailNet lest I dash their hopes of winning, as they watch the miles it will take to catch up to me keep growing.

Ah, screw it. Everyone needs a goal to shoot for. I'm adding fellow SailNetters.
Well geeze, if I'da started only 50,000 off the lead, I might have a shot at the top hundred too! Ya ain't the only one around here who can brag ya know . . . they don't call me blowinstink for nothin'! Good luck to you. What's your virtual vessel name?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am doin the Volvo Ocean Race game online and out of 150k racers in leg five I 546th. Its been fun so far and I've met some pretty cool people on there.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
CK - dude, where are you now? Have you even hit the first gate? The champagne's getting warm and flat. Heh-heh.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
In the VORG I am now 97th but not looking forward to the doldrums. Gonna have to do some bobbin and weavin to get some good speed down to NZ. Why would I wait til the first gate to start drinkin. I can sit at home or actually at the girlfriends house and she will bring me good good beer while i sit and stare at the screen for my ten minute updates to stay on top of my game. LOL :laugher :laugher :laugher :D :laugher :puke wheres the drinking smiley face?????:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts