SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our Sun Odyssey 37 we have a Volvo Penta 39 HP that runs very well. At the end of last season the buzzer on the ignition pannal stoped working. We tested the buzzer and that works fine, all wires look fine, and have been given a good shaking to see if we could get contact. I don,t know what to do next to find the reason for the buzzer not to sound when the power is on and the engine is not runnig... thank you for your help in advance Joe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
volvo 39

hi junior
For the past month or so I have been searching very extensively for
technical documentation on the Internet about a small vintage Volvo-Penta
outboard I acquired some weeks ago. Model Volvo Penta 39.
What I do know by know it is a 3.9Hp, 2-stroke, 1-cylinder, 70-80cc outboard
motor, that's about it.
Maybe comeone can
support me in finding some technical documentation.
Any sort of Owners Manual, Service-, Repair- or Workshop Manual, or however
they called it at the time would be very welcome in order to prolong the
devices life, and in doing so it might drive my boat for some more years to
come.
I have posted this question in other boating related groups but
unfortunately to no avail, so I turn to a bit broader audience.
thanks

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VOLVO PENTA 39 2 stroke Outboard

I have a copy of the instruction book you require. I will be happy to send you a photocopy if you send me your address.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello from germany :)

i just discovered this forum when i was searching for a manual for a volvo penta 39. if you still have the manual please send it to:
Lennart.Kracke[at]gmail.com
thanks in advance,

mb06

PS: it's really stupid that you need a post count of 5 before you can send pms
PPS: :confused: you can't even post your email address???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Volvo Penta 39

I have a copy of the instruction book you require. I will be happy to send you a photocopy if you send me your address.
Hi cfleeming
I have lost my copy of the manual to a Volvo Penta 39, and would very much appreciate if you would send me a copy.

Kind regards Frank Kønig

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo Penta Archmedes 3.9 4hp 2 stroke Outboard

Hallo,
pleace, send for my documets of this engene.Volvo Penta Archmedes 3.9 4hp 2 stroke Outboard
Serial No.:034154401
Thanks.
Augustinas

·
Registered
5 Posts
manual needed

I have a volvo penta 39, in desperate need of the manual , and after endles hours of searching through the crap on the net, i found you people GREAT!!!!!
can some one please send me the manual.

i need to know the mix ratio , and what spark plug to use, I keep fowling the plugs ,

I love the motor and run strong and nice when it is going, and suggest to switch to a 3 blade prop if you can find one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Cfleeming ,or anybody who has the manual. I'm in very desperate need of the manual for Volvo Penta 3.9hp 2 stroke.
could you please send me a copy,

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I damaged the propeller, some one knows where I can purchase a new compatible one? And what are the dimensions/technical details of the propeller?
May I have a copy of the manual vp 39 ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Volvo Penta vp39 manual

I am also looking for a manual or diagrams of the V-P 39; (actually my brother is). If they are scanned, it would be great to get them via email.
Thanks in advance

Rick Kane
Ensenada 20
Naples Sabot
former M-16 scow

·
dajome
1 Posts
Crescent 39 query

Hi, Cfleeming seems to be very popular - the only person on the planet with a manual for the Crescent (Volvo Penta) 39.
I also am on the lookout for this very rare information as I have one with no spark and the electrics are "interesting" to say the least - I think mine have been bodged as the connections don't appear original and don't seem to be complete. If you're willing to do me a copy (paper or electronic) I'd be happy to pay for your inconvenience.
I live in the UK
Many thanks
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me Too!

Hi everyone,

I have been given (yes!) a Crescent 4 outboard, which is the 1970's version of the Volvo Penta 3.9 / Archimedes 4HP. This example is an external long range fuel tank version, but with no tank. I am hoping to get it running with a very small internal tank I can just about fit under the hood - my dinghy is very small.

I too would be very, very grateful to anyone who could supply either a scan of the relevant manual, or just details of the fuel mix, spark plug type and gap, points gap, timing etc. I have recently found a link on the web, which it seems I'm not allowed to post here, but it appears in Yachting and Boating World Forums - which may be relevant - and I hoped including it here might help someone. I was going to try it out with a 25:1 mix, so I've been saved from that mistake, I hope. That forum says the Volvo Penta 51 (5 HP similar motor?) runs on 50:1, so I will try that out when I find a new spark plug to fit.

My boat is a home-built 8 foot pram with standing lug, so I would not welcome a tank under foot at any time. I also have an old British Seagull 40+ from 1954 - nearly as old as I am, but have yet to try it out on the boat. The Crescent is lighter and cleaner, and may be better as it seems in good condition. I hope I can get it running. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone has kindly photographed the pages from the Crescent Owners Manual and put them on the web but I can't find the link. However, I have 12 jpegs of the relevant pages for the 3.9HP - if you send me your email address to david "at" dajome "dot" com (I'm not allowed to post email addresses yet), I'll email the pages over to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone has kindly photographed the pages from the Crescent Owners Manual and put them on the web but I can't find the link. However, I have 12 jpegs of the relevant pages for the 3.9HP - if you send me your email address to david "at" dajome "dot" com (I'm not allowed to post email addresses yet), I'll email the pages over to you.
Hi Dajome, I see a while back you had the Cresent Archemides manual, is there any chance you still have it and could email it to me?

Many thanks

Will

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Will.

It seems I am still subscribed to this thread, your message came as a bit of a surprise! I have a scan of the Crescent 4 manual here, if you would like a copy? Message me, and I'll send you a link to my dropbox folder.

Ian

1 - 20 of 23 Posts