SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am so land locked the rocky mountains are in my way! But I dream of the ocean and the feel of the water!! I would love to chat with Catamaran owners as I love the look of them more than the traditional boat. I am currently saving for my boat...Please let me know how the cat's feel...what size I should get for an pacific ocean cruise, and what the monthly costs might be for operation?? I hope to meet you all on the water!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
DR,

You got to realize that a cat has it's defeciency as well as a mono does. Some cats are tubs, and some are thorough breds. For cruising a cat with a lot of compromises makes for good speed, and comfort. The most important thing is your budgets and how much, or little performance means to you.
Some are afraid of one offs, such as cold molded. People find comfort in what the norm is. Keep an open mind, and tons of research. A lot of it can be found right here in the forums. Books by Chris White, and a few others will help. What got me started was CATAMRANS OFFSHORE by Rudy Choy who recently passed. BEST WISHES in finding a cat to serve you well.......i2f

1 - 2 of 2 Posts