SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, my husband and I sail a 23 O'day and really want to learn/feel how it is to sail on a "bigger" boat. We are out of the Barnaget Bay in NJ. If there is someone willing to take us out and teach us the ropes please let me know. My husband is Certified by the ASA but we just don't want to pay for more formal classes. Thank you in advanced for anyone offering to take us out.

· Registered
32 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Chip that's what I have been told a few times that a "bigger" boat is more forgiving. We went out in the bay and one gust came and she went from sailing flat to heeling at 35•. We were told that doesn't happen that drastically on a bigger boat than ours. In all honesty we want to buy a 30+ and want to try them out and see what is out there. Our O'Day is our first sail boat so we are still "new" to the sailing market. Thanks for all you said about your experience. Helps us :)

· Registered
32 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks

We are moving out boat down from forked river to a marina in Barnegat. It's closer to our house. If it would be possible to line up a day my hubs and I can come that would be fantastic. Gets hard with the kids back in school and playing sports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.