SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ODay 35
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Kenyon AW 100 wind indicator (the 5" round dial instrument that mounts in the cockpit and displays wind speed and direction). Most of these older wind indicator systems are inoperative because the mast head transducer has malfunctioned and it is no longer replaceable. I have an operational mast head transducer but the wind indicator unit does not work. Please let me know if you have one of these instruments that you would like to sell.

Thanks.

·
baDumbumbum
1,142 Posts
Oh, bad luck. The other analog beasties (speed, distance) are Kenyon. The Apparent wind/windspeed meter is from SR Industries of Tonowanda, NY. It is a AWS-2 model. We have the instrument, but no masthead unit. Dunno if a Kenyon sender would work with it. SR is still in business -- might be worth contacting them?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Windseeker, I have a pair of Kenyon wind instruments on my Tartan, one for wind speed and one for apparent direction:

I'm one of the many who's lost the masthead rig long ago and can't find a compatible replacement, so those instruments are just useless bulkhead bling at the moment. Now what would be GREAT is if you would sell me your masthead rig! But if you can't be talked into that, I might be talked out of those instruments, although it soundslike what you're looking for is speed/direction in one instrument.

But ... let me know if you're interested and we can discuss.

·
Registered
ODay 35
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Upon further examination, the correct model designation for this unit is a Kenyon AW-101 Apparent Wind Indicator. Thanks to the three responses so far. Unfortunately, the referenced instruments will not work with the wind system I have. I have attached a photo of the AW-101 so that it will be easier to recognize the instrument I am trying to replace.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
ODay 35
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am still in search of a Kenyon AW-101 Apparent Wind Indicator. This indicator mounts in the cockpit and shows the wind direction and wind speed on the same unit. If you have one of these units that you would like to sell (working or for parts), please let me know. The attached photo shows the unit I am looking for. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.