SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Mark,

A question.

Does this troublesome Yanmar filter have a hand pump on its top? I think I see one in the picture. That might be a nice feature to retain if possible.

Is there a way to replace the banjo fitting with something more straight forward? I’ve had good success with a Parker dealer helping me out with odd fittings.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Just a random thought, there might be another way to skin this cat. If you have multiple tanks, or something more on for an additional small tank, make one tank a “day” tank.

The engine only ever draws off the Day tank. All other tanks transfer fuel into the Day tank through a filter. That way all fuel is filtered into the day tank, and then filtered to the engine. If you keep an eye in the Day tank filter you should be able to change it out before failure while running the engine.

This is the way I have my boats set up. It cost some replumbing and a fuel transfer pump, and spare. I run the transfer pump off a timer so I don’t over fill, but could be tied to an auto float switch cut off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.