SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my Garmin 78sc. I just want to share some of the "Battery Warnings"

Thank God I read these before using. (emphasis added)

1. Do not puncture or INCINERATE the device or batteries. (And I had my grill all fired up!)

2. Never put batteries in mouth. If swallowed, contact a physician or poison control center. (Just when I said how stupid can a person be, my gf who is a nurse said people have come into the ER for swallowing batteries...WTF!)

:laugher:laugher:laugher

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I bought a mandoline (the slicey thing, not the musical thing) and it came with a warning that it was not to be used in cribs.

Well there go my dreams of training an infant to julienne carrots.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,641 Posts
"2. Never put batteries in mouth. "

I think Garmin need to get some professional medical advice and recall those manuals. Just about every hospital ER can tell you that the mouth is only one of several orifices they've had to extract batteries from. And probably the easiest one.

I guess it could be worth a million dollars to say "But Garmin never told me not to put batteries there, they only said not to put them in my mouth!"

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
Not a warning label but I got a kick out of the mini Kit Kat candy bar. Printed on the wrapper are directions to open the wrapper. I like to tempt fate by opening from the opposite end.

Reactions: Slayer

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,641 Posts
DR-
Wait a minute, a candy bar food, that presumably will be possessed by hungry children, and the warning label doesn't have pictures on it, so the kids who can't read yet can understand?

I'd call that a dangerously defective warning statement, since it is in a language that the kids can't read.

Quickly, let's find some disposable kids and make another million bucks.

"WARNING: This package contains food and food has been found by the FDA to cause death in every person consuming it."

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
DR-
Wait a minute, a candy bar food, that presumably will be possessed by hungry children, and the warning label doesn't have pictures on it, so the kids who can't read yet can understand?

I'd call that a dangerously defective warning statement, since it is in a language that the kids can't read. ...
It's not a warning label. It's instructions on how to open the wrapper for those times when you have a brain fart and forget how to open it.

·
Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)
3,217 Posts
what is funny (in a sad way) I once worked a bar mitzvah where the man of the hour had to be rushed to the emergency room due to a magnet problem. they had these rubbery balls with an LED in them. Powered by a single button battery. turns out you can remove them from the ball and there is a small magnet on the end you can either remove or use to stick to something else.

Well, he had one on each nostril and when he pulled them off, the magnets jumped together with only the septum of his nose holding them apart and too far up to reach.

kind of put a damper on the party

·
Registered
626 Posts
That is a typical US thing...
Here in europe we do not have such warning labels on everything because our laws are different...
If you hurt yourself by sheer stupidness, it is your fault and not the fault of the producer... So you cannot sue them for sometimes ridiculous amounts of money...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts