SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. About to purchase a 35' sailboat, and I already know there's work involved. Needs some fiberglass work on deck, also needs new standing rigging, mast rewired, roller furling, new shaft seal, new transmission cupling, engine alignment...and some other general maintenance.

Rather than bringing it up to Canada from Washington where I'm purchasing it. I thought I would ask around if there is a good marina that can do it in WA. Prices in Vancouver are quite steep at most yards so I figured I'd try the US first.

Let me know if you've had a good experience or would recommend somewhere along the coast. If I can I'd like to avoid the trip too far south to Seattle, the boat is in Blaine, but perhaps it might be worth it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been to Colony wharf in Bellingham since 2011, but back then you could get someone to do most of what you are asking. I would recommend Charlies fiberglass if he is still alive, the diesel shop is OK. I did not like Northwest rigging out of Anacortes, but that doesn't mean they don't try to do quality work. They did my wire rigging and a new roller furler. The welding guy there is the best I have ever worked with, and is quite reasonable. Finally the guy that painted my bottom is in jail, you will have to find someone else.
I like the story behind everyone on your list, was the guy who painted the bottom good? Maybe I could post bail! :)

Appreciate your insights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.