SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're moving to the Washington DC area this spring and with the shallow water in that portion of the Potomac, is my 3.5' draft too big? Curious what boats (and what drafts) local sailors have. I'd hate to have to sell my boat but I also don't want to be constant worry of getting stuck. Any advice is appreciated.

Sailor
Don't forget to consider the Chesapeake Bay as a place to store your boat and sail around. Many Washington area residents keep their boat in Deale, MD to take advantage of the expanded sailing area and cruising destinations afforded by that area. It's about 45 minutes driving time that opens up a bigger world.

Tod

Old enough to know better
Don't forget to consider the Chesapeake Bay as a place to store your boat and sail around. Many Washington area residents keep their boat in Deale, MD to take advantage of the expanded sailing area and cruising destinations afforded by that area. It's about 45 minutes driving time that opens up a bigger world.

Tod
yea, 45 min by car but hours by boat, can be a real time saver. As long as you don't want to live aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.