SailNet Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Reaction score
Oh, I also have two Harley's and a 1967 Camero...... that doesn't make me a bad guy...more like well rounded.....
Nice Camaro... I always wanted to get to one of those Barret auctions out there in Scottsdale... did a short time at Hamilton Systems there in Phoenix and loved the area... we stayed in Payson up in the hills to keep a little cooler and the drive to it was nice... Scottsdale is a beautiful town... now I envy you! :laugher

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Reaction score
Two!
A 12yr old all SS divers, and a 8yr old rectangle "commander" dress watch.
The former I wear at work daily in the construction industry. Twelve years of pounding and I can still wake up at four in the morning and tell what time it is with a glance.
Sweet!... I always thought these Luminox watches should be given to all Navy Seals upon graduation of their Seal training... just a perk for supporting our country with their service. I think the Swiss military forces get Swiss Army watches if I'm not mistaken.

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Reaction score
Most of the time for the U.S. is based on the NIST or this site:

Time and Frequency Division Homepage

Therefore all electronic services, internet, banks, processing that uses time, etc. are all based on this standard... it uses the Atomic clock as the basis of the standards and most calibrated equipment must have traceability to this standard.

As mentioned chronometers are used and calibrated to this standard as Azguy mentioned with the COSC certified watches... if it says 'Officially Certified' on the watch or chronometer then you can say the accuracy is good to several seconds... but who cares... we base any navigation with the clock on the radar/AIS or other electronic instrument and not what is on your wrist.

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Reaction score
i have this one my writs for now almost 20 years...
it is the only existing watch with integrated, analog depth gauge... ;)

i also use it as a backup to my diving computer when scuba diving...
Nice watch Capt vimes... diving is another thread someone should start as I like treasure hunting (land metal detectors and pulse metal detectors for underwater searching) and wondering if others do it from their sailboats and the complexity of doing so.

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Reaction score
I posted my watch as many others have, unfortunately due to the brand of watch I got a lot of flak and frankly rude remarks, I simply just removed my posts or edited them to avoid any further confrontations... all while others posted the very same or similar watch from the same manufacturer of which they never got the full attention by certain childish posters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.