SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do o-ring kits exist for fuel separators? Or - is there a way to find o-ring dimensions in advance of disassembly? The engine is a Universal M3-20 on a 1991 Catalina 28. Thanks.

·
Marine: Educator,Surveyor
83 Posts
A new O-ring should come with your fuel filter when you change it on the engine or are you talking about your primary filter in line before the engine? If so what brand is it? Racor or another?

Need a bit more information.....

J.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This filter is between the tank and the fuel pump, under the stern berth. I'm not sure of the manufacturer. I believe the housing is original. I'll have to get more details next trip to the lake.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Marine: Educator,Surveyor
83 Posts
Fuel filter/water seperator

This filter is between the tank and the fuel pump, under the stern berth. I'm not sure of the manufacturer. I believe the housing is original. I'll have to get more details next trip to the lake.
Mike,
Now we are talking. :) Get the brand and model number and you will be good to go. Take pictures if there is anything funky about it's location etc...

John:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,
Thanks for your help. The filter is a Racor 200 series with R24T spin on element. I found a seal kit and replacement element on line.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts