SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm posting this for my freind who has his 1990 PSC 34 slipped next to mine.
In 1990 PSC apparently made an improvement to the port lights. This was a change that included new frames that drained properly to the outside of the boat instead of pooling up water to be dumped interior to the boat upon opening of a port light. Long story short. The new portlights use double pane glass which have all develeoped thick waterspots in between the panes. This really looks terrible from inside as well as outside. Anyone know of a fix? Or the name of the company that builds these that can perhaps replace the glass? It doesn't look like an easy item to simply pop out and pop a new one in. May have to have these cut very closely to the proper dimension. Thanks for any help.

Keith

· Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,
Currently waiting on Thumper from PSC as he may have a source.

I have the older Oval shaped portlights on my 1988 PSC 34.
I understand the change to the new style occured in 1990. Not sure if the double pane was used in all models because of problems.

What would be the rationale for using Polycarb or acrylic over safety glass?

Keith

· Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Laminated glass

PF,
Thanks for the input. Am looking at all the options but safety glass is my preference as I have a local glass shop that claims they can cut the glass to the same dimensions. Not sure about the installation of the glass yet but your idea for sealing the edges makes very good sense.

Thanks
Keith
S/V Charity Rose

· Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John,
Thanks for the info on the bedding compound. I never would have thought about that. Definetly gonna find a non acidic silicone to bed the lens with.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.