SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I think read something about a spray on for Sunbrella to keep it somewhat water proof. I was thinking about using it on my sail cover but cannot find the information. Am I dreaming or is there such an item.:confused:

·
Old as Dirt!
3,488 Posts
Some time ago I think read something about a spray on for Sunbrella to keep it somewhat water proof. I was thinking about using it on my sail cover but cannot find the information. Am I dreaming or is there such an item.:confused:
See 303 Aerospace High Tech Fabric Guard

Works like a charm. Apply to both sides of the fabric and it will give you 6-9 months of service before another treatment is needed.

·
Registered
778 Posts
303 is what Glen Raven/Sunbrella recommends - in fact, at the Miami Boat Show the Sunbrella booth was handing out samples

Be sure to clean your cover thoroughly before application. Glen Raven's website has instructions for Sunbrella care and feeding

·
Super Moderator
6,803 Posts
303 is what Glen Raven/Sunbrella recommends - in fact, at the Miami Boat Show the Sunbrella booth was handing out samples

Be sure to clean your cover thoroughly before application. Glen Raven's website has instructions for Sunbrella care and feeding
This is because Glen Raven has tested all these products on their product and hands down 303 High Tech Fabric Guard is the best performing, least damaging, longest lasting and most protective to the Sunbrella.

There are a LOT of cheap (some not so cheap/inexpensive), poor performing wanna-be products and some of them actually cause damage to Sunbrella..

The reason they are only wanna-be products is because 303 has a patent and no one can legally duplicate the product. All waterproofing treatments that claim "for Sunbrella" are wanna-be products when compared to what the actual manufacturer suggests using.

Glen Raven has no vested interest in 303 and they are not the same company. Their interest is in seeing that you the owner of Sunbrella get good long life out if it and 303 HTFG is the best for this..

Funny thing is that Strataglass used to make and sell their own treatment for the Strataglass windows, called Aquatech. About 12 years ago they ran some tests and found that IMAR products were in-fact the best products for use on Strataglass, not their own product..

They felt so strongly about this they actually stopped selling their own product and rumor has it they have pallets of it sitting in the corner of some warehouse.

Good companies don't care about their net bottom line if it will impact their reputation with customers. Companies like Glen Raven/Sunbrella and Strataglass at least do the testing so the end user knows what will work best to get the most life out of the product.

The companies that all "claim" to work on Sunbrella really can't legitimately claim that, unless they are 303 HTFG....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts