SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a stopwatch that has a countdown from 5 minutes, and beeps at every 1 minute intervals. Obviously I want to use it to practice and time my starts. I have an ST-40 Bi-data display that doesn't seem to have a timing function, and don't feel like upgrading stuff I just bought last year.

I've priced out tacktic, and the speed puck, and other sailing watches, but the cheapies are close to $100. I'm looking to spend more like $50 or less. I don't mind if it looks rediculous, or if it just hangs around my kneck, as it'll only be used on the boat. Thanks for any feedback.

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, that's the cheapest I've found that watch for. I'll keep an eye out for a steal, but I guess I shouldn't complain about that price. It's not too bad. I just have issues with wearing a "sailing watch" that costs more than my "dress up" watch. lol

What model timex do you have?

·
Registered
504 Posts
My Timex is also the Ironman Triathlon. It really is a good watch.

If you get the Ronstan, let me know what you think about it. I've come so close to buying it a few times, but I don't really NEED it. Or, more accurately, I haven't quite convinced myself that I need it!

·
Midwest Puddle Pirate
2,160 Posts
I use the Ironman as well.

Our committee boat has a number of timers aboard. My favorite is the cheapest, a Sunbeam cooking timer. It counts down from whatever you set it at (but no 1 minute signals) then counts up from zero to time the race.

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got to try out my watch a couple weekends ago. Worked great, easy to use and the signal was loud enough to hear on the start line. I like it. Only downside was the strap was close to being maxed out overtop of my 3 shirts, gloves, and foulies. I have pretty small wrists too. Definitely would fit anyone in the summertime though.

The sync feature was put to use the first time I used it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts