SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! just registered! Originally from Puerto Rico have been living in Miami FL for 10 years now. Used to do some minor sailing back home (Lasers and Hobie Cats) but have drifted away from sailing (see what I did there?). So now with 2 kiddos (ages 6 and 9) running around want to get back in it. Was thinking of just getting a Hobie Cat but not sure. Looking for something we could all get in and enjoy a trip around the bay and something easy enough so that they can get their hands on. Was also looking at Buccaneer 18 and a Sonar... but not sure.

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,238 Posts
Welcome to Sailnut!

I think I'd rent a small boat like a Sunfish to see if the kiddos actually like being on the water before committing to buying any boat.

Beach cat would be fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CalebD thanks for the replays! Yea.. We've rented a couple of times and they are asking for one.. Leaning towards the Cat.. Seems more fun and comfortable.. Gonna miss the agility of a monohaul.. But hey... It's all for the fun factor for the kids

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
Honor Cats are hard to beat. There are others as well. As long as the kids are very comfortable in the water as they will be going in! But to get more stable you would need to step up to a keel boat. Not that you can't do both! Smack has a 40 footer and a beach cat so they are not mutually exclusive.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honor Cats are hard to beat. There are others as well. As long as the kids are very comfortable in the water as they will be going in! But to get more stable you would need to step up to a keel boat. Not that you can't do both! Smack has a 40 footer and a beach cat so they are not mutually exclusive.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
How the hell did you get in my head?!?:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.