SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I don't understand what the purpose of this microwave is. Does it mean portable, like, on batteries to take camping ? Why would anyone want to take a microwave camping unless they are in a camper ? And if that isn't what it means, if it is just 12vdc, then why bother when most inverters will drive a small 100$us microwave that is available from any box store ?

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
sounds like a 800 watt cheapy microwave from walmart and a 1000 watt inverter might be better
That's what I used on an extended trip and it worked great. I literally used the cheapest microwave I could find and it ended up being one that was on sale at Walmart for under 50$us. Then I used one of those cheap inverters, also from Walmart to power it. Worked like a charm. :)

Now that I think about it, even the 100amp/hr batteries were from Walmart! :D

Edit - This is very similar to the microwave I bought, this one is 55$us but the one I bought was less because it was a promotional item.

Source: (I'm not posting the source because A) it should be obvious, and B) it is an advertisement)

One reason I wanted one with the knobs on it instead of electronic gwhiz is because when the microwave *dings* and it is finished cooking, it is also finished using electricity until you use it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.