SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Refering to the closed freeloader thread got email from WD schock today they told me they would be happy to send anyone a replacement owners manual for any vessel they have ever built for 30 bucks so just proves that asking nice makes a difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Referig to the closed freeloader thread got email from WD schlock today they would be happy to send canyon a replacement owners manual for any vessel they have ever built for 30 bucks so just proves that asking nice makes a difference
... and having a little patience. It did take a few days but they did reply, and nicely. Good on them.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is referring to the thread http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gener...e-freeloader-asking-info-about-my-boat-7.html here are the emails that schlock sent me my email to them is as follows.

Gentlemen my name is Rob I am a shipwright and I am wondering if by chance somewhere in your archives there is a PDF owners manual or specs for the rigging setup and tensions I would be willing to pay a fee for your time to find the aforementioned information.**Thank you in advance Rob N robs marine repair

And here was their timely reply it actually only took 3 days to get and all things considered that is quick for info on a 25 year old boat.

Typically not tensions but we have owner's handbooks for nearly every model we produced. Useally $30

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
So the question is why didn't they respond to the OP (in the OT) with this info? Seems someone at WD Schock was having a bad day, or the other thread was read by them and there may have been a bit of soul searching and perhaps they realized the other method would not promote much future business. Perhaps we should send them a consulting bill?

·
Registered
488 Posts
So the question is why didn't they respond to the OP (in the OT) with this info? Seems someone at WD Schock was having a bad day, or the other thread was read by them and there may have been a bit of soul searching and perhaps they realized the other method would not promote much future business. Perhaps we should send them a consulting bill?
Truth of the matter is that there was probably no "They" in the first place. It was probably some young kid hired to boost their social media presence. I know kids who have done work like this for brick and mortars trying to get "Online".

I don't own a Schock boat but did call them a couple of times when I was considering a 30/30 and then a 35. I always found them to be extremely gracious considering I was calling about boats that had been out of production for decades. I would not judge a company by one boneheaded response to a somewhat rude request.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FWIW, rigging tensions are normally set according to the diameter of the cable. So if they are unavailable for the boat, trying look them up for the cable diameter.
Don't actually need the info that's what my rigger is for was just used to make a point to the op of freeloader thread :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts