SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been reading this forum for a while and assisted me a great deal when I starting sailing my 14ft pintail.
I just upgraded to a 21 Santana and am a little nervous about sailing it and mooring it.
I would appreciate any advice I can get on the proper way to moor it. She will be on a very small city lake but the wind can whip around from time to time. How should I secure it properly to the buoy? Use rope or chain?

Also since I can't use gas engines on this lake, I must either use a trolling motor or use the tender dinghy and row her back to the dock in tow. very nervous about loosing control and hitting other boats.

any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. I took delivery of the boat yesterday and am planning to put her in on Saturday, weather permitting.

The previous owner gave be what he had used for a mooring bridle and the rope on it seems like an over kill, about 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick. Should that be okay or shall I try something a little thinner and a bit more flexible.

Torqeedo is a great product but boy are they expensive. I'm going to try to find a 50 lbs thrust regular trolling motor for now.

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I moored the boat last week end after sailing it for a while. I only used the main and didn't even have to lower the centerboard. it sailed really nice in 10-15 knots wind. I will have to shorten my mooring line to a2 feet, I noticed I'm swinging pretty close to the boat next to me.

I'm taking her out again tomorrow, hopefully the battery still have some juce to power the 55lb thrust minn kota.
cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.