SailNet Community banner

41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
If they want to raise $50,000, I think they have a better chance of getting it by making up claims that Matt Lauer molested them in the green room:

Uh, well, maybe not.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
If Clean ever gets off his butt and does some work - the SA interview will be gold. Stay tuned.

As for BFS - Jer wins the gold. The other #PFFMs - not so much.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,162 Posts
Alan from Sailing Anarchy just posted a lengthy interview with both women. It's heavy going, with sailing knowledge, Ms Appel, and "straight answer" not even in the same universe:
Ask Jennifer Appel and Tasha Fuiava For The SA Podcast - Page 4 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

It's at page 4, post #331.

I was hoping she would make sense. Hope dashed. I do not get the impression she is playing with a full deck...
Oh my....

I was only able to listen to the first half hour, and I couldn't listen anymore... Jen is a great argument for keeping cannabis illegal. Is that the sound of a bong? She sounds like she is seriously stoned. She can't stay on topic for more than 15 seconds before she goes off chasing some tangent.

Is there a transcript somewhere?

Reactions: CVAT

·
Registered
239 Posts
Alan from Sailing Anarchy just posted a lengthy interview with both women. It's heavy going, with sailing knowledge, Ms Appel, and "straight answer" not even in the same universe:
Ask Jennifer Appel and Tasha Fuiava For The SA Podcast - Page 4 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

I was hoping she would make sense. Hope dashed. I do not get the impression she is playing with a full deck...
I don't see where the podcast is. Do you have that link?

·
Registered
21,681 Posts

I couldn't do it. After 40 minutes of it, I knew I was wasting part of my life I would never get back. The moderator is a very good interviewer, with some serious patience. However, the intro was very long winded, let alone how ridiculous the dynamic duo were with answering questions and staying on topic. It's grossly evident that they are concealing facts. These two need to be ignored now.

·
3,506 Posts
My, what public courage on your part eherlihy, the pot smoking crowd will be mighty upset if they can remember why......[/QUO

Yep, had to fire up a fatty for that interview, no wait, I remember now, it was trying to read one of smacks threads that drove me to the evil weed..again. ha ha.

Reactions: Arcb

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't see where the podcast is. Do you have that link?
On Page 4 of the post on SA scroll up to post number 331 it is by Mr.Clean.

I missed it the first time too, and it is hard to listen to her drivel and wandering. Kinda like listening to someone who constantly says "Oh look Squirrel". Reminds me of one of my supervisors once his mind would wander his body would follow, usually at the most inopportune times.

·
Captain Obvious
2,326 Posts
I applaud Mr. Clean for trying. They are just talking nonsense babble. Don't try and listen to it, not with any hope of them making any sense.

He generally sums it up;They simply did not know how to sail, pilot, fix, or do anything.In fact, they are so wacked out and divorced from reality that this is the only thing that could happen. They are Rimas if he could just talk nonsense all day. So, it is Dunning-Kruger. They did not have the brains to know that they don't know. Even more than that, Appel is so ADD that every answer is an incomprehensible word salad. She thinks she is some type of expert on something, or everything. Thats why they put out a Pan- Pan call every day for 98 days. They were looking for someone to just help them get going, to wherever. I thought it was weird how happy they were when the Navy arrived and they had to know their boat was gone. But they were more like little children excited about the attention from the uniforms and the big ship with numbers and flags and so forth. They were just in awe.

One thing that really strikes me, based on the current news ( Weinstein et al.) is how quickly and easily she accused the crew of the fishing boat that was towing her. That is scary. Mr. Clean is a brave man.

·
124 Posts
From the beginning, I've been very dubious that this story represented a scam by its two protagonists.

After I'd watched the original interviews aboard the Navy vessel and first press interviews, I raised the possibility, on one of the original threads about these two, that particularly in one of these two people, we might be witnessing the display of diagnosable psychiatric disorder. I listened to part of this SA interview. It sounds like she's both stoned and, separately, has a pretty disordered thought process. Looks like a classic example of using weed to self-medicate.

I'm past the point where I think this either amusing or worthy of debunking. I just think it's sad that an apparently severely troubled woman is unable or unwilling to get help.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think she represents about 25% of the current population of the United States. We are transitioning from a country of factual knowledge to a country of the next television program or internet sensation as long as the attention is focused on ME!!!!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Again I have to disagree with Rocky mountain. Where the 'ell does he pull up a figure like 25% . Anybody who's following the news knows it;s at least 45% maybe more. The world used to snicker but now it's beyond funny.

41 - 60 of 204 Posts