SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Holy crap, em, that's the widest damn picture I've ever seen! Do you realize what your carbon footprint is with that thing?

Sorry about the weather. Ours has been hot, dry and windy...the only problem is that our lake is about gone.

The weather does indeed suck.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Every lake on the Colorado River. We sail on Lake Travis outside of Austin. It's dropped over 30' since January. All the boat ramps are closed - old stolen cars are surfacing. It's insane.

I'm going out for a sail tomorrow - but you definitely have to keep to the channel and watch the depth gauge.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Yeah - here's the yacht club. The water should be up to the steps to the right of the frame (let's see if I can get my pic as big as yours)...

·
Registered
520 Posts
In June we had 27 days of rain (Long Island - north shore). July was pretty nice apart from some crazy storms. August... heat wave and more storms, including this one last Friday. This pic was at 4:30 in the afternoon -- classic, 'end-of-the-world' type storm. Wondered if we were going to see some waterspouts out of this one. Pics are right before all hell broke loose (it was all over in less than an hour).

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
At least you guys got to see the water. I spent the better part of today and the weekend buried in my aft cabin trying to figure out how to empty a contaminated fuel tank. Several capers and almost comical (now) issues later, i'm done. But not before I managed to break a Jabsco pump and literally spray my entire aft berth with diesel/water mixture...then spend the next 1 1/2 hours cleaning up the mess with 409. Between the diesel and the degreaser, I'm sure to develop some kind of tumor in my spleen :(

I will reek of diesel for days afterwards...*ugh*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts