SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 1979 39' Irwin. I Need To Replace The A/c System In It. It Has A Marine Airrr Unit, 16k, That Isn't Working Or Worth Repairing. I'm Looking At The Webasto Units Because They Are Less Expensive, And Supposed To Be Very Quiet. Any Thoughts Or Advise Would Be Greatly Appreciated!
Thank You...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guy,
I Replaced My 16k Marineair With The Webasto. I Bought 2 Thinking These Units Would Be Very Expensive After The 1st Of The Year. So I Have An Extra (i Can Transfer The Warranty) If Anyone Is Interested.
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Webasto 16k

Hi Guy,
I Replaced My 16k Marineair With The Webasto. I Bought 2 Thinking These Units Would Be Very Expensive After The 1st Of The Year. So I Have An Extra (i Can Transfer The Warranty) If Anyone Is Interested.
Thanks,
Jim
Jim, do you still have the 16k Webasto unit for sale? If so, how much? how much warranty is still avail? new in box?

Thx, Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
1)Dometic Marine air: several models available a) turbo composite pan two years warranty turbotec condensing coil, very good unit, service technicians will come and service your unit at your dock, Same for the Cruisair Turbo. easy installation strong high velocity blower. control not included, 87% of all new boats are equipped with Dometic unit as factory installation, warranty is very important to them. Service call to your vessel is included. Made in the USA.
2)Dometic ECD best choice for retrofits VCP VCD CM Lunaire.. this unit is also equipped with a very good quality condensing coil, tested for over 30 years, stainless base, sold with digital control included, Dometic international dealer network, parts available for next day shipping, 1 year warranty. made in the USA.
sold online, west marine.. service call not included.
3)Aqua air, made in the USA, also a very good unit, most of them are still running after 20 years, 2 years warranty. sold online
4)Webasto FCF made in china, very quiet unit, multiple cap tube delivers a very eficient unit, blower high static 3 speed no harmonic at low speed, very reliable control, simple to install, Con: condensing coil failures, on vessels with multiple units and a single pump out of 5 units, 4 needed replacement after just 6 months. on Vessels with one pump per unit units will last much longer.
Warranty is a complete disaster.
5)Marinaire made in china, also a very nice design, but all our test units presented failures, out of 5 units 5 had control issues and 3 presented condenser coil failures after just a year, warranty is very complicated, only one person handling sales, deliveries, warranties..

·
One of None
Hunter 34
9,026 Posts
Mabruteam it's an old post. the OP was last here in 2009

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.