SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We tried our new 33lb Rocna out in Weems Creek this weekend. (Course we pulled up the whole bottom with it. When we backed down on the anchor it bit hard. So far I like it.

Weems is a nice well protected creek between the Rounte 450 and Route 50 bridges over the Severn River west of Annapolis.

The US Navy morrings in the Servern Creeks like Weems and Salt... are for the Navy to put their vessels there in a big storm I was told. We saw other people just pick the morrings up and stay overnight. Does anyone if that is permissable?

Dave

Banned
The US Navy morrings in the Servern Creeks like Weems and Salt... are for the Navy to put their vessels there in a big storm I was told. We saw other people just pick the morrings up and stay overnight. Does anyone if that is permissable?

Dave
Dave, your info is correct; you're welcome to use the Navy moorings unless there's a hurricane - you could stay there all summer. In the event of a big storm coming the Navy will ask you to leave so they can put their own vessels there. The moorings are sized for YPs and Navy 44s so they'll hold any of our little boats. There are also private moorings in the creek, just make sure you pick one that says "US Government Property, No Trespassing!" and you'll be fine.

Your tax dollars at work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.