SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Welded mast on a Vision 32?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Selkie60 
#1 ·
I'm considering buying a 1992 Vision 32. The surveyor said the mast appears to be two pieces that were welded together. The weld is in the upper section of the mast. He said it was a very clean weld and isn't sure if this is how the mast was manufactured or if it is indicative of a repair. So any Vision 32 owners out there know if the weld is normal or something to worry about? Given the nature of the rig, I'm leary of a welded mast.

#2 ·
While I cannot say with absolute certainty that I remember this correctly, my recollection of the only Hunter Vision 32 that I have been on is that it had a weld in the mast near the hounds (the point that the forestay came into the mast). I assumed this had something to do with the taper which increases from that point upward.

Jeff

Reactions: Selkie60
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.