SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a sail today, forecast 15-20knots, nice blue sky. Still had a couple of reefs in from the other day so left them there to see how it was out on the water. Turns out that was a fine idea :eek:

Checked after we got back in, sustained 23knots gusting to 30, I think we could have checked the keel joint on several occasions without getting wet. I think I need to get my smallest jib converted to hanks as we were a touch overpowered with the 115% flying. Certainly the highest winds I've had her out in, all kept nicely under control (I thought), let her round up a few times when all letting the main out did was to dunk the end of the boom in the water :D
Not a BFS for you salty dogs, but was for me.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Actually I would rate that as a BFS. Looks great.

Heading up in puffs in a good move.

·
19,489 Posts
Nice.... we're heading out tomorrow to Bowen Is for NYE overnight.. this system is forecast to blow through soon, but promises some nice 15-20 SE for the next two days.

Great pics, btw!

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, they are actually screen grabs from the video camera I got from Santa. Great piece of kit, going to see if I can RainX the cover so the water beads off a bit better.
If I can figure out this video editing software (and buy a new computer, turns out my 2003 vintage laptop isn't up to it) then I will put some clips up too. This mount point gives a really good sensation of speed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Damn Paul! You're an animal...now I'm inspired...hoping for some wind this weekend...maybe I'll put up the 160 and lay her down...maybe not...after 30 degrees my heart starts pounding out of my chest...

·
Registered
21,671 Posts
Nice job! Right now, I would take those conditions over sitting on the hard, charging batteries.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Very cool.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Just saw the video clip. You've got the link in sort of a weird place, haven't you? Anyway, looks like a blast! Sunny and windy and a weekend... naturally all three would wait until I was away to come together.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
A sort of weird place? It's on Photobucket since I don't want to create a Google account in order to use youtube.
The link, man, the link. Maybe I'm missing something but I had to click the "Like" button at the top of the thread and then mouse over your name to see the link. I didn't see it in any of the thread comments.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
The link, man, the link. Maybe I'm missing something but I had to click the "Like" button at the top of the thread and then mouse over your name to see the link. I didn't see it in any of the thread comments.
There is a highlighted "clicky in post 8 where the link is. So click the "clicky"

if that does not work, "CLICK HERE"

Marty

1 - 20 of 26 Posts