SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow morning (errr... now today - Friday) we're leaving Vero Beach and heading to Lake Worth. I put up a new blog entry, and as usual we will activate our SPOT if anyone wants to watch our one to two day progress. Info is at s/v Pelican - Following A Dream.

Chris

·
Seinor Member
276 Posts
Velcro Beach

Fair Winds and have a safe trip. Is the Boat DROT still in Velcro? They are good friends. If so tell em Capn Dave sez hi

Dave

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
Probably going to be a 2 day trip Chris, or a very hard drining one day. Good anchoring at the North end of Lake Worth, to port just past the bridge if you run out of light. Quite a few bridge openings to deal with as I recall (set times, not on request).

·
Warm Weather Sailor
1,040 Posts
With the current weather head out at Ft. Pierce and get down to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I'm still in Miami having missed the best weather window in about twenty years. Went out last Thursday and broke down about seven miles out on a windless day. Towed into Crandon on Key Biscayne by TowboatUS. The window lasted from Thursday to Sunday. Finally fixed the boat myself as no mechanic would come out for three days. Diagnosed fuel problem and installed new Racor filter sytem. The original Racor was the cheapest you could get. Am now anchored off Miami YC. Glad to see you're finally unstuck.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Fair winds Chris. :)

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
Good Sailing, Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts