SailNet Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we've made it. I'll be doing a blog post shortly, but for the moment - know this... We're sitting on Pelican in our slip at Jabins. It's been a remarkable few weeks getting here, but we are here. Our boat is a mess - the contractors are a few days behind schedule - so we won't be able to move our stuff in until Thursday (we're getting hauled on Wednesday to put in a new through hull and enlarge an existing one).

Anyway, who is around and where are you? I'd love to meet some people! We'll be around for a week or so.

Chris

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Congrats Chris... Look forward to seeing your post. If you get a chance to meet Eryka, ChucklesR/MMR, Craigtoo, ZZ4GTA, and the rest, do so... they're good eggs... well, except for Craig, who's more scrambled than the others.. :)

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
We're in the next marina downstream of you, and would love to talk, share a beer in the cockpit (enclosed & heated!), maybe meet Chuckles & Mary downtown ... my email is the same as my screen name, followed by @att.net (sorry, written that way to avoid the spammers)

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of maybe getting together on Thursday or Friday for din-din at the Boatyard... any interest?

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
I'm thinking of maybe getting together on Thursday or Friday for din-din at the Boatyard... any interest?
Friday works for us. Time?

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
If you're so inclined, Fleet Club is another possibility (we're members, as are Chuckles & MMR) I'll PM you a cell phone #.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Friday, Boatyard Grill, anytime after 5:30 works for us, and no Eryka, I've not joined the Fleet Reserve Club (yet). Too many other social obligations at the moment (still haven't gotten my commodore's Blue Blazer back from the tailor etc..).

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Here's proof that they made it - don't we all look "cruiserly?" Must've been the hot buttered rums ... no we didn't offer any to the kids...

L to R: Kaitlin, Kristen, Casey, Chris (labatt); Dan (wingnwing), Chuck (chuckles), me, Mary (MMR)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I thought I recognized the motley crew on the right side of that photo... they're all ne'er do wells... I'm surprised the restaurant let them through the door... :) The guy standing up is the ringleader... :)

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great time on Friday! Those hot buttered rums really hit the spot! That's my daughter Kaitlin, wife Kristen, son Casey and me on the left side...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Chris - given the seriously mature view of life offered up by your two kids in their notes and blogs, I expect they managed to sneak a few rums without you noticing. Sent you a note on your blog - spent last night (18F) onboard at the dock in Dutch Warf - significantly brisk. You know to be very careful on your weather now as the Alberta Clippers are heading this way with regularity...Best and keep warm.

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
What! And not an inkling of guilt!

:) Wow, and what about those snow shovels you left behind? No remorse? Good for you...All. Now if I can just get my sweetie to go for a little overnight...Where is 'Next' port o call?

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
The guy standing up is the ringleader... :)
Eh, you multihull types just gotta stick together. Note also in the photo, the multihullers live in houses, the monohullers live aboard :D

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I may lead the pack sailing rings around the mono's, but Chris and Kristen are the leaders when it comes to just deciding to go, and most importantly - getting it done.

Five weeks from decision to gone!

I could not have done that even in my days of living out of a single seabag without leaving a lot undone.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Chuckles-

True that, but they've been preparing for a fairly long time by all accounts... :)
I may lead the pack sailing rings around the mono's, but Chris and Kristen are the leaders when it comes to just deciding to go, and most importantly - getting it done.

Five weeks from decision to gone!

I could not have done that even in my days of living out of a single seabag without leaving a lot undone.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Congratulations on making it to Annapolis and for a great dinner, by the looks of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts