SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need Sail measurements for a Westerly 33 ketch. Im not going to get a chance to make the measurements myself and have not been able to find an owners manual online.

Anyone have this information?

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
Hey Psyched,

Some sailmakers will have the dimensions for sails by boat make/model.
I checked www.sailwarehouse.com but they don't seem to list Westerly boats (they have the dimensions for my Tartan 27). Because Westerly was a UK based builder I'd expect sail lofts in the UK would have the dimensions for sails for Westerly boats.
Specifically you need the I, J, P, E measurements. Hope this link works for Bacon Sails which does list the Westerly brand.
Sail search page

You have to enter "Westerly" as the boat make and then the model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I had looked at one or two and didnt see any and figured I would go this route while I had the time for this to be an option.

Im going to go back to looking that way. :D

·
Sailnet Vendor
170 Posts
Hi,

There were at least 7 different Westerly models in the 33-34' range. If you want to figure out which one you own, try Sailboatdata.com. The list the Rig Dimensions I, J, P and E, as well as LOA, displacement, and pictures of the boats and rigs.

For sails to fit properly, you'll need to fill out a sailmaker's measurement form completely or have a sailmaker measure your boat. I, J, P and E rig dimensions are adequate for the purposes of getting a price quote for a sail, but they are not enough information to build a sail that fits properly.

For a lot of good information about Westerly mains, jibs, genoas and spinnakers, I invite you to visit Hyde Sails Direct page on Westerly sailboats and sail quotes.

Westerly Sails | Hyde Direct

Full Disclosure: I own and operate Hyde Sails Direct. Hyde Sails Direct is a registered SailNet Vendor.

Cheers,
Judy Blumhorst

1 - 4 of 4 Posts