SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we've redeemed ourselves - added video to post #5

So after last weekend, I'm so happy to say that this weekend was so much better. We took some of your advice, and we got a sitter for the kids. We also got wooden oars. Did some adjustments to the motor... AND our main sail is fully rigged and working. :D

We motored out to the hurricane barrier, then hoisted the main sail. We did go into irons a couple times, but through playing around with the position of the sail we were able to get going again and once we got the hang of it, we were cruising pretty good.

YAY!!!

·
Administrator
7,533 Posts
Good stuff!

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
Don't you just love it when Mother Nature takes over and gives you a push.

Reactions: davekrista

·
Registered
661 Posts
Smart and safe...very nice

One thing though..put the oars below if you are going to be towing the dinghy around, there is no reason to have to do a "man overboard" drill to retrieve one if it gets knocked out. (just my $.02);)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smart and safe...very nice

One thing though..put the oars below if you are going to be towing the dinghy around, there is no reason to have to do a "man overboard" drill to retrieve one if it gets knocked out. (just my $.02);)
Thanks. It was a PIA that we had to keep watching to make sure they were still there. We do plan on that for next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts